Happy Friday all!
I hope you’ve had a lovely week and that you have great plans for the weekend 🙂
As you know, I’ve been doing some research lately on how to change over to a greener lifestyle. This research has got me thinking about why I buy what I buy, and I’ve come up with 10 questions to start asking myself in future. Some of these relate best to choosing healthy foods, while others could apply to virtually any purchase.
Here they are, in no particular order:
Questions for smart shoppers
- Is the item processed or artificial?
- Could I make a better version myself?
- Will it do more harm than good?
- Does it help me to meet my goals?
- Does it honour God and care for creation?
- Is it habit forming or just a rare treat?
- Can I share it with others or use it to bless others?
- Why do I want or need it?
- Is it in line with my budget?
- Am I making an informed, well-researched choice?
There are probably a few more questions we could add, but the longer the list the fewer items will make it into your shopping cart! Even if I don’t remember to ask myself every question every time, I do find it a useful guideline for making better choices.
Let me know what you think! 🙂