Hi! I’m Zest, contentedly wed to the Ninja (but not this ninja) and residing in the sunny but otherwise nondescript city of Jozi in South Africa. Ninja and I currently share our home with these fancy rat furbabies:
So, why a blog? As a wordsmith with a zest for life, I thought a blog would be the perfect way to share with the world some of the things that inspire me.
A few things to know about me:
- I love, trust and serve the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour. His grace and good gifts inspire me each day, and I pray that this blog will glorify Him.
- The things in life that bring me the most joy are summarised by the tagline: all things bright (think summer sun, fresh air, Bollywood colours), beautiful (creativity, languages and Scripture), sweet (relationships, girl talk and dessert) and fluffy (I have a soft spot for all creatures great and small, except for pestilential insects).
- My favourite writing tool of all time has to be the emoticon – but I promise to restrict myself to only a couple… per page 😉
- All my life I’ve felt I’m pretty much an amateur at everything I do, but I still strive to do my best whenever I attempt something new. So my baking sometimes delivers flops and my photos are sometimes o.o.f., but at least I have fun in the process!
- I have little or no interest in politics,
superhero wars,sport, jazz or economic affairs, so if that’s what you expected to find at the Sunshine Scrapbook (really??) then, well, sorry to disappoint.
- Hobbies I’ve dabbled in over the years include reading, drawing, photography, birding, painting, baking, knitting, poetry and crafting.
- I dream of travel, making a living creatively and caring for dozens of different creatures. I want my life to be filled to the brim with lasting friendships, precious memories and a spirit of celebration.
- When I wake from the dream I realise that all of these things can still come true now on a small scale. For now I may have to be content with day trips instead of overseas travel, freelancing instead of a dream job, and a few pet rats instead of a bustling menagerie. But all of these things are good, and I accept them with joy from the hand of the Lord.
So, welcome! I look forward to meeting you.
Stop by, browse a little and hopefully stay a while in this sunny spot on the web
PS: Please note that the copyright for all content and photographs posted on the Sunshine Scrapbook belongs to me, unless otherwise specified. No unauthorised use – please drop me a line if you want to reuse something. Thanks!