Yay! Today was World Baking Day. It’s a fairly popular day, but I hope it’s also obscure enough to count towards Goal #36 on my list!
The premise behind World Baking Day is that those who love baking will pledge to bake something for someone in their lives, and give a reason. I would’ve liked to have baked for Ninja, as a token of my appreciation for how hard he’s been working as my provider, but… well… to bake something he’d truly enjoy, I’d have to bake little more than a plain vanilla cake! And of course I wanted to be a bit more adventurous than that 😉
So I’ve decided to bake for my parents and my colleagues: my parents coz they’ve helped us have a new home, and my work team just coz they’re such a great bunch of people 🙂
To celebrate this occasion I chose to try out a new recipe from a trusted source: Sharon Glass’s delicious book Sweet Endings. I picked her White Chocolate Coffee Biscotti, and for a good (though strange) reason. During my battle with eczema over the last few months, I’ve begun discovering a few dietary triggers that seem to cause my skin to flare up noticeably.
For the recipe and more, keep reading…
Now here’s an award that’s just made for the Sunshine Scrapbook
Dear Lou from the beautiful and popular Lou’s Labyrinth generously nominated my little blog for the Sunshine Blog Award! Thank you so much, Lou 🙂
The Sunshine Blog Award
The rules of the game are as follows:
1. Link back to your nominator.
2. Add the award image to your page.
3. Share 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5–10 other blogs (and let them know).
Seven random facts about me
- I love dogs but am not overly fond of Rottweilers; probably because I was bitten by one as a kid.
- I absolutely adore my birthday 😀
- My dream home is a log cabin in a forest clearing.
- As a kid my favourite series was Farthing Wood Friends.
- I’ve recently developed a miserable allergic reaction to caffeine: my upper lip gets itchy and flaky 😕
- My favourite Bollywood movie is Kal Ho Naa Ho.
- Yesterday I slammed my fingers in a closing magnetic door. Owwww!
Some sunny blogs I can recommend
Well, the sun has long since set where I am, so off I go 🙂