I was kindly nominated for a Liebster award by Busy Darling – an ADHD blogger (that’s meant as a compliment, btw!) who shares my love for rats 🙂 Hint: Go check out her style blog too 🙂
From what I gather, this award is to celebrate those bloggers who are inspirational and/or ‘up and coming’. Plus, there’s a list of questions to answer and ask in return.
So here are my answers to Busy Darling’s questions:
1) What is your earliest memory? – Running to my dad, crying, because I had a thorn (an especially nasty one called a ‘dubbeltjie’ in Afrikaans) stuck in my foot. I must have been about 2 years old, but I can remember the sunlight on that day and the hope that my dad would fix me… which he did 🙂
2) Describe your natural environment. – A very green leafy suburb in Jozi.
3) What is your pet peeve? – Uh, I hate to admit it, but I actually have quite a few ;-P Fake people. Small talk. Crass jokes. Blasphemy and swearing. Et cetera 🙂
4) What is your favourite colour? – How can I choose?! I L–O–V–E colours 😀 It’s probably easier to list the colours I don’t like: ochre, olive green, drab browns and reds. Other than that I love all bright, cheerful and preferably neon colours!
5) What is your maybe-one-day dream car? – If it ever worked out, I would love to drive a restored version of the OLD Fiat 500 (not that new overpriced modern one).
6) And your keep-on-dreaming dream car? – Without a doubt, the Audi R8. In lime green and black. Ahhhh yeahhhh!
7) Name 3 items of clothing that define your style. – I used to have an awesome style all my own but I guess I kinda lost that somewhere on the way… But 3 items that have stayed with me since those days are my funky hat covered in badges, my bright orange beanie and my collection of random jewellery.
8) Do you have any scars on your body? – Yes I do… and my ratties keep adding more (especially during their bathtime when they’re desperately trying to escape the water)!
9) What inspired you lately? – The discovery of customising your own Moleskine diary/planner. Where have you been all my life?!
10) What was your last awkward moment? – Now that I think about it, it’s actually been a while. Great stuff for someone who only opens her mouth to change feet…
11) What was the last thing that made you smile? – The funny way rats groom so fastidiously. It’s as though they try to pull their ears into their mouths to wash them! It results in some funny expressions, as Vodka and Mishka model for us below:
Here are my nominations:
And here are my questions:
1. What’s your main reason for blogging?
2. Three favourite flavours?
3. What’s the funkiest thing you’ve ever done with your hair?
4. Where was the last holiday you took?
5. Favourite pet?
6. What do you enjoy most about Christmas?
7. Who’s your role model and why?
8. One dream you think you’ll never realise?
9. Do you use a diary or daily planner?
10. What are your three most cherished possessions?
11. When last did you do a random act of kindness?
Thanks once again Busy Darling!
Hah. Kameeldorings are worse, they can stick right through your foot, but luckily are usually only found in the proximity of the tree.
(But any thorn hurts when you’re 2!!) (and you had somewhat more realistic expectations of your dad than my sisters did. They wanted him to straighten out bananas. Pappa maak dit reg!)
Thanks for passing on!!
Ahahahaha!!! Oh wow that is the cutest story ever 😀 LOL! Ja, kameeldorings are horrid
Thank you so, so much for nominating me for this award Zest, most people dismiss them as nothing but not me, I really appreciate them and understand that anyone can say your blog is cool, but when someone who already has a cool blog says it, that makes it extra special. So thanks and I will follow the rules and add it to my site as soon as I can.
Thanks Russell, and you deserve it. Your blog is def one of my faves 🙂 Can’t wait to see the funny things you discover each time!