It’s been a busy season for me lately; I’ve missed updating my sunny cyber-scrapbook
Some of the things that have kept me occupied of late include:
- finishing off a freelance proofread for a client
- tinting my hair a sunnier shade of blonde
- visiting friends and family
- researching which DSLR camera to buy (when I’m eventually in the market for one)
- watching Lost with Ninja
- mapping out a route so I can start training for my first 5km run (eek!)
- baking (but no new recipes and thus nothing blogworthy)
- and the usual general housework.
All these and other everyday aspects of living fill up my ordinary days.
As the quote above says, there’s good and bad, marble and mud, beauty and boredom. Maybe only in time will I be able to look back and see the marble of who I am shining through the mud of what I have to get through each day.
Not all the small things matter, but sometimes they add up over the years… until you find that what you’ve spent your days doing has become part of who you are.
So as best as you are able, live to make it count! 🙂