Before I pass on the rules of the award, I wanted to share a thought I had the other day. I was thinking about that famous old Golden Rule – not the one that says ‘he who has the gold makes the rules’! – the one about doing unto others as you want them to do to you (Matt 7:12). The great principle of reciprocity. It works in business, marriage, sport… just about everywhere.
And it applies perfectly to the blogging community too. You want lots of followers? Follow other blogs. You’re looking for creative post ideas? Get inspired by other bloggers’ musings. You’d like plenty of comments and likes and activity on your page? Then make sure you’re out there in the virtual community, giving what you hope to receive.
Even though I’ve been blogging in this sunny spot on the web for a few months now, I’ve still got so much to learn. In time I hope to become more active in the blogosphere, without overlooking my real-world responsibilities; balancing my time in front of the PC screen with time out in the literal sunshine. I’m sure it can be done :)
Anyway, here are the rules for the Beautiful Blogger Award:
1. Copy and paste the award logo into your post.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers for the Beautiful Blogger Award and comment on their blogs to let them know.
7 things about me:
1. My first ‘pet’ was a tiny green loopworm called Loopy, who eventually turned into a moth that flew away.
2. For no justifiable reason, I have a deep and abiding dislike for the French language. Gah.
3. I did half my schooling at a public school and was homeschooled for the rest.
4. The only thing I’ve ever won in my life was first place in a national poetry competition.
5. My favourite dog, one or more of which I hope to own one day, is the German Shepherd Dog.
6. The gist of my life is the constant tension between needing perfectionistic routines and desiring creative, spontaneous variety.
7. Possibly my favourite piece of music ever is ‘Festival’ by Sigur Rós.
7 bloggers nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award:
Thanks again Lou!
And may all of you have a lovely day; I hope it’s sunny wherever you are :)